Saturday, January 29, 2022

The Big Lebowski

 



 

Cult Classic.  1998.  Occasional marijuana.  Constant profanity.  But that’s no problem for me; I’ve been there before.

 

The movie pretends to have a plot, but really it’s more about the characters.  Like say, Cannery Row, but without Steinbeck’s writing.  I should compare it to something more relevant, like The Three Amigos.  The first time I watched that movie I didn’t enjoy it at all.  My son in law informed me that if I didn’t like that movie, then I’d made a mistake and needed to watch it again.  He was right.  It got funnier every time I watched it after that.  Same thing with The Big Lebowski (and it’s not really even about the Big Lebowski, it’s about the other Lebowski, the Dude).  It’s about the scenes, interactions, and quotes.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L2qP-xQ_7o  Never mind the subtitles; they’re disjointed.

 

How many times since have we found ourselves in situations where the most appropriate thing we can think of to say is “Hey, nice marmot!”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment