Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Spam calls

  

I get several calls a day wanting to help me with my vehicle warranty or credit card debt.  Sometimes I'll talk to them to see how much of their time I can waste.  They never know which vehicle or credit card they're trying to help me with.  Now I've stopped answering calls from unidentified numbers altogether.  If it's not a crank call, and it's important, they'll leave a message.

 

Judy has been getting about ten calls a day from people wanting to help with her Medicare.  Of course, they're not really from Medicare.  Judy even called Medicare to find out what's up, and they told her nothing could be done about the calls.  So now she is trying something different.  For every unidentified number, she answers the phone "Medicare Fraud Department, Agent Shockley."  Not once has there been a response to that answer other than a hesitation and a click.  The last few days she has been getting far fewer calls.  Only one today.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment