Saturday, December 7, 2019

Traveling

 

Judy and I don’t usually take airplanes; we just go where we can in the motorhome.  That trip to Florida was different though.  Time is of the essence, so I flew.

 

Before I flew, I applied for the TSA Precheck.  I got fingerprinted and survived a background check.  I now have a Known Person Number that I’ve registered on my account at Southwest Airlines and I automatically get a precheck checkmark on my boarding pass.  That made getting through security soo much easier.  Instead of being treated as a person who might be a terrorist, I got treated as if I were probably not a terrorist.  There was no line.  I didn’t have to take off my shoes, go through the full body scan, or even take my laptop out of the knapsack.  It was a snap.

 

The birding was fun.  I started out with 450 species for the year and added 15 over the course of four days.  I drove 500 miles, visited 18 different birding sites, and walked 27 miles.  So now we’re at 465 bird species recorded.  It’s not my target number of 500, but still it’s a pretty good number.

 

Now I’m back home with Judy.

 

And the puppies.

 

I often refer to Henry as the White Shadow, because we never get more than a few feet away from him, and then not for long.  Now the White Shadow has a shadow.

 

 

We covered a lot of ground this year.

 

Trip Map

 

I’ve been meaning to write a summary of the Alaska Journey, but how can I summarize something like that?  If I were to just write down the highlights, I’d end up listing every day of the trip!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment