Tuesday, December 24, 2019

And what if you’re driving an electric car

 

…and you run out of power and you can’t make it home or to a charging station?  What then?  Do you just pull over to the side of the road and you’re stuck?  That keeps me from getting serious about buying an electric car.  I might start out to drive twenty miles and end up driving a hundred.  My trip to the island and back might get extended to two hundred miles.  I don’t always know ahead of time how much range I’ll need.  Gasoline cars can carry a gas can.  Can electric cars carry an extra bucket of electrons?

 

How about this; buy a little Honda generator and throw it in the trunk of the electric car.  In an emergency, fire up the generator and let it charge up the batteries until there is enough to get you to the next stop.  A bucket of electrons?  Problem solved?

 

 

No additional birds today.  The only thing I saw in the air today was me.  Miles driven: 600.  Miles walked: 36.  Birds seen: 28.  Birds remaining: 7.  I’m back home in South Texas with my charming wife and puppies. 

 

It’s good to be home.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment