Friday, December 27, 2019

On this last trip to California

 

… I spent eight nights in eight different hotels.  And I learned something.

 

I’ve rarely been comfortable in hotel rooms.  More often that not, I don’t sleep well.  I tend to wake up hot and sweaty in the middle of the night and have to toss the covers off, regardless of how cool I set the room temperature.  I take this to mean there is something too synthetic above or below me, or both, in the bedding.

 

Well, during the California trip, I slept comfortably two out of the first three nights.  I hadn’t been choosing hotels by type, I was choosing them by location; by where I wanted to start the next day. Those two comfortable nights were at La Quinta by Wyndham and Howard Johnson by Wyndham.  Something in common in those names struck me.  Wyndham has apparently bought up several hotel chains.  Could it be that they created a standard for bedding for all their hotels?  I tested the theory.  Every remaining night, except one, I slept at a Wyndham property.  Every remaining night, except that one, I had a comfortable night’s sleep.

 

So if you’re traveling, and you tend to have trouble sleeping comfortably in hotel room beds, I suggest you try Wyndham hotels.  They don’t always say Wyndham in the name, but you can google Wyndham properties and get a list of the Wyndham hotels wherever you are.

 

Merry Christmas!  (And thank you Wyndham.)

 

 

 

Mexican Duck at Salineno.  494.  Missed on the Seedeater.

 

South Texas part of the trip map

 

Six birds to go.  (And ten Continuing Education hours.)

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment