Wednesday, December 4, 2019

I forgot about the fog!

 

It has happened to us before here in Florida.  We have the next day all planned, then we wake up totally socked in by fog.  So I opened the hotel room drapes this morning and nothing.  Totally blank.  Not a hint of definition of anything outside.  I took a closer look.  I was looking at a wall outside my window.  I had checked in in the dark last night and didn’t notice that my only view was the broadside of a wall.  Nothing but diffuse indirect light could make it to the window.

 

No problem.  The day went on as planned.  I focused on big obvious birds in the swamps, like wood stork, limpkin, and purple gallinule.  I didn’t get any of them, but I did pick up three warblers, pine, black-throated blue, and American redstart.  I worked my way south to Homestead.  Tomorrow I’ll go thrash about in the Everglades and see what I can scare up.

 

 

And just when you thought we were through with the trip map…

 

Florida part of the trip map

 

 

 

 

 

They have gators here in Florida too.  (Except their gators are crocodiles.)

 

If you zoom in on the face, you can see teeth that point both up and down.  That’s a crocodile.  If you only see the teeth that point down, it’s an alligator.

 


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment