Thursday, September 29, 2022

Miss perfect!

 

 

Our lives have been turned upside down.

 

It has been a couple years since I got a new prescription for glasses, so I took care of that.  Judy was with me when we went back to pick them up today.  I tried the glasses on, and they were perfect.  I stood at the line on the floor and read the chart on the wall.  The last line I could make out clearly was for 20-20 vision.  Before I could step away, Judy, from behind me, started reading off the next line on the chart.  What?  My vision has always been better than Judy’s.  I’m the one who reads off street signs before she can make them out.  I’m the one who can still see to drive at night!  Suddenly, since her cataract surgery a couple years ago, she sees better than I do.  My vision is perfect at 20-20.  Judy’s is a little more perfect, at 20-25.

 

I have been reminded of this already, several times since.  There is no indication that I’m going to hear any less of it anytime soon.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment