Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Amazing but true

 

 

Amazing but true

A few months ago, we switched me to gluten-free and overall, it has been a positive experience.  One of the early compromises though was to give up real bread for the fakey gluten free stuff.  I don’t need a lot of bread for sandwiches and such, so no big deal.  Working at home I can just have dinner leftovers for lunch every day.  I do need toast to dunk in my coffee in the morning though.  That’s a critical part of the start of every day.

 

So there is the compromise.  Gluten free bread for toast.  We found some that didn’t taste terrible, so we went with “good enough” and the breakfast tradition continued.  Now, here comes the amazing but true part.  We were getting low on gluten-free so I decided to treat myself one day last week.  I made my own toast and coffee with the real Nature’s Own whole grain bread that Judy still eats.  I dunked it.  I ate it.  Yech!  After this much time eating the gluten free stuff, I preferred the flavor and texture of coffee-dunked toast made with my Canyon Bakehouse gluten free!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment