Sunday, June 2, 2024

Sunday

 

 

It’s still hot.  Hotter than average.  The thunderstorms are gone though.  No real hail damage for us while they were here, just some really loud rain.  Judy is getting new hearing aids tomorrow.  They’ve been a long time coming.  I’ve been raising my voice to her lately, but not in a bad way.  She rode the last pair of hearing aids out for five years.  That’s a long time in hearing aid years.  They were high tech then.  The new ones will be high tech now.  Counting down to the van delivery.  We don’t know how many days it will be, but each day passed is one less.  Learning things in the Ford Transit group online.  Buying a few goodies that will be helpful for our first trip.  Not buying much though.  We don’t want to start out on our first trip with the van overfull.  We can buy sunscreens/privacy shades for the inside of the windshield and the driver and passenger windows.  We know we’ll need them.  Instead of carrying an ice chest, we’ll carry a small 12 volt refrigerator.  It looks like an ice chest, but it plugs in.  It won’t have to be very big because we only need a few things cold and we don’t have to leave room for ice.  When my phone rings and Judy is right there in the room with me, I know it’s a bogus call.  I always check voicemail for messages, but for incoming calls my phone is mostly just a plaything for others.  I let them play by themselves.

 

Does the online wisdom below resonate with anybody out there?  (Or wives about their husbands?)

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment