Sunday, October 8, 2023

Pullups

 

 

Hang from the bar and let all your muscles relax.  Feel the stretch.  Then pull your shoulders back and down.  Engage your abs.  Fire the muscles in your arms and back, pulling yourself upward until your chin is even with the bar.  Then slowly lower your body back down to the starting position.  Repeat.  I can remember how it feels.  Satisfying.  We did them in high school.  We did a lot of them in Army training.  I try it today.  I can hang from a bar.  I still have the grip strength.  Pull the shoulders back and down.  I can do that.  Engage the abs.  Seriously?  That’s as far as it goes.  Fire the muscles in my arms and back.  Nothing happens against that much body weight.  The satisfying part is nowhere to be found.

 

Wouldn’t it be cool to be able to do pullups again?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment