Monday, October 16, 2023

I’m radioactive

 

 

But only for a few days.  For a health checkup today, I did a treadmill exercise test that involves a trace amount of radioactive dye.  After Luis the tech had already injected the dye, he said “I hope you’re not planning on going through a border check or getting on an airplane in the next few days.  You’ll set off the scanners.”  I told him we were planning on getting on an airplane in a week or so.  He gave me a note to hand to security in case I’m still detectable.

 

The treadmill test itself was fine.  I was supposed to get my heart rate up to a particular target number and did.  I wasn’t taxed yet, so they let me go a little longer just for fun.  They use my age to calculate how fast I should be able to get my heart rate.  The older a person is, the less they’re expected to do.  I think we should flip it.  We should use the heart rate I’m able to attain to define my age.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment