Thursday, August 17, 2023

Politics

 

 

I’ve figured it out.  I’ve been puzzled by politics for years now.  How can we all be looking at the same information yet be so far apart in our understanding.  Well today the pieces came together.  I heard politicians and analysts talking on the radio and they all agreed that if Trump gets elected to be president again, that will be the end of our democracy.  We won’t have our country anymore.  Well, that triggered a recollection.  Years ago, when Obama got elected, Judy and I were out for an evening walk at Gulf Waters and stopped to visit with a person we didn’t know at the time.  We were both shocked when we heard him say we were never going to get our country back again.  We didn’t know it was gone, but he was apoplectic so we knew something must have happened.  We had to think about it and talk about it for a while until we made the connection that for some, our country was gone right at the moment a black man got elected as president. 

 

I can be pretty smart sometimes, and I’ve thought this through.  I’ve put two and two together.  If Trump regains the presidency, we’ll never get our country back.  When Obama got elected, we’ll never get our country back.  What this all means?  Trump is black!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment