Friday, March 10, 2023

What the…

 

 

There are two dome lights in the car.  One of them went out.  I couldn’t see how to pop off the cover so I could change the bulb, so I asked the dealer to do it.  The dealer said it’s a sealed unit.  The cost to replace the sealed unit is $259.  Really?  To change a defective bulb, I have to replace all the other perfectly functioning parts in that unit?  All it needs is a 25 cent light bulb and it costs $259?  Bullshit.  I’m buying a $5 flashlight.

 

We left that service item off the ticket.  When I picked up the car though, both dome lights worked!  They must have jiggled something while diagnosing the problem.  It wasn’t the bulb at all, but probably a connection somewhere.  We might be on the receiving end of poetic justice here, that by refusing the overpriced solution, we ended up getting the problem fixed for free!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment