Saturday, June 6, 2020

June 4th

  

Yesterday.  The two-year anniversary of our heart bypass surgery.  I say "our" surgery because Judy had so much more to do with it than I did.  All I had to do is show up when they told me to and let them do it.  Judy did everything else.

 

They stopped my beating heart and kept me alive with a machine.  They took parts from my legs and rearranged how my heart works.  I'm thankful for the scars on my chest and legs.  I'm thankful for the exemplary medical care at the hospital.  I'm thankful for the exemplary recovery care from Judy for all the weeks and months after.  I'm thankful every time that Judy and I kiss goodnight and still get to stay together; thankful every morning when we wake up together again.

 

I'm very glad to be here today and every day.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment