Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Remember these?

 

 


 

Little insect eggs on stilts.  The insects lay them on the underside of leaves and things.  These are on the bottom of the compost tumbler drum.  I turned them up to photograph them, so really they are upside down in the picture.


 

I wrote about them a couple years ago, but now I couldn’t remember what they were, so I had to resort to google once more.  I figure if I can’t remember, you can’t either, so here they are again.  Green Lacewing eggs.  They’re a beneficial garden insect.  They eat destructive insects like aphids.  Laying their eggs on filaments like these, the voracious larvae will be less likely to feed on each other as soon as they hatch.

 

The adults look like this:


(Not my picture.)

 

Cool, huh?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment