Saturday, December 30, 2023

Electric cars

 

 

I think it would be cool to buy an electric car, but they’re still such a new technology.  Maybe if we wait a few years, there will be more to choose from, and with more competition, maybe they’ll be a little cheaper too.  My little Mazda 3 is still in great shape, but the technology is getting old.  It doesn’t have a back-up camera or adaptive cruise control.  It’s really fuel efficient and doesn’t cost very much, so maybe I should just replace it with a newer gasoline powered car and wait until the next round to buy electric.

 

But then again, I tend to keep cars for ten or fifteen years.  If I buy another car now, I’ll be looking to upgrade it again when I’m 90 or 95.  Oops.  Isn’t that about the time the kids will be chasing me down to take away the car keys?  Maybe the next car I buy will be my only shot at buying an electric car.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment