Friday, June 30, 2023

It’s brother David’s fault

 

 

Remember when Bott’s Dots first came out?  Those galump bumps they put on the white lines of highways, so you’ll notice when you stray out of your lane.  Well, David was old enough to drive and I was not yet.  While driving with him one day, he casually mentioned, and demonstrated, the challenge of changing lanes on the highway without hitting any of the bumps with any of the wheels.  It’s not that hard, but you have to time it just right, and you want to be subtle enough that other people in the car probably don’t even notice you’re doing it.  Well, from that offhand comment way back then, and that would be in the early 1960s, I have forever been conscious of whether or not I hit those bumps when changing lanes.  I don’t have to miss all the bumps every time I change lanes, but I’m always conscious of whether I do or not.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment