Friday, December 11, 2020

Home again at Sandpipers

  

Random photos from the trip.

 

A Lincoln sparrow and female cardinal.

 

Reflections.

 

This is what wild pigeons normally look like.  Coincidentally, this is exactly what homing pigeons look like too.

 

Here is a red one.

 

I always liked red colored pigeons.  When I was fifteen, and raising pigeons, I had one.  Dad used to take the homing pigeons off to work with him and let them go from progressively farther away while I waited at home for them to come back.  That worked out pretty well.  Most of them came back.  I think we got as far as 20 miles away, which is actually a pretty simple challenge for a homer.  They can find their way home from hundreds of miles away.

 

A red shouldered hawk, I think.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment