Monday, April 27, 2020

Travel can be exhausting

  

Or not.

 

My world birding alter ego has recently been to:

 

Spain for the Eurasian Spoonbill

Czech Republic, Hawfinch

Germany, Eurasian Blackbird

Canada, Pine Siskin

Montana, Great Gray Owl

Panama, Crimson-backed Tanager

Japan, Eurasian Nuthatch

Caribbean Netherlands, Venezuelan Troupial

United Kingdom, Eurasian Magpie

Finland, Eurasian Blue Tit

Netherlands, Great Tit

Australia, Rainbow Lorikeet

Israel, House Sparrow

Latvia, White-tailed Eagle

Brazil, Saffron Finch

..and South Africa for the Hadada Ibis

 

Altogether 57 species in 16 countries.

 

The world map of countries for our digital birding looks like this:

 

I get around.

 

And I've changed technique for capturing images.  I started out taking photographs of the screen when I saw a bird I wanted a picture of.  They looked like I was photographing through a window screen, so they weren't very clear:

 

 

Now I capture moments digitally with screen grabs:

 

Eurasian Nuthatch, Japan.

 

Oriental Tit, Varied Tit, Japan.

 

European Robin and Green Finches, Czech Republic.

 

Green Finch, Czech Republic.

 

Hawfinch, Austria.

 

They come out a little clearer.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment