Monday, January 6, 2020

That black dot off to the right of the trail in the distance

 

 

It’s moving.  Something to keep an eye on.  I can’t tell what it is.

 

It looks kind of big, but it still has its face down in the grass, so no I.D.  I never see black bears here along the Rio Grande but it’s not impossible.  The can come across the river from Mexico.

 

 

It looks bigger than those snotty little javelinas we see.  Maybe it’s a feral hog.  Still keeping an eye on it.

 

Turns out it’s a javelina after all.

 

He’s browsing on something.  He doesn’t appreciate my interruption.

 

From the right side of the trail he decides to run to safety.  On the other side of the trail.

 

He’s agitated; bristly all over.

 

He pulled up at the edge of the trail to keep an eye on me; only reluctantly stepping off the trail for my passing.

 

As soon as I was by, he went right back to whatever was interesting him on the exposed side of the trail.

 

 That was yesterday.  Today I’m practicing multi-tasking.  The weather is sunny and mid-seventies.  I’m sitting on the deck enjoying the sun, and dozing.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment