Monday, December 31, 2018

4,219, 500, 56

 

As 2018 year draws to a close; thinking ahead.

 

2019 is the year we finally make the Alaska trip.  I was a teenager when I realized I needed to go to Alaska, the great northern frontier.  Now it’s time.  I imagined doing it as a homesteader and having a dog sled team.  Maybe a bush pilot.  We can make it simpler than that!

 

We didn’t make a big birding effort in 2018.  Our normal annual count is around 400 species.  We’re finishing this year with 380.  Next year, however, with the Alaska trip, we’ve set our sights on 500 birds!  That will be our biggest year yet.

 

And this year I’m not going to forget about continuing education hours until the last minute.  No sir; fully cognizant.  No way I’m waiting until the last moment to finish my hours.

 

 

Still traveling; now we’re in Junction.

 

2018 Arizona Trip Map

 

Greeted by a bald eagle.

 

4,219 miles to go to get to Fairbanks.

 

500 species remaining to be seen for the year.

 

And 56 hours of continuing education to go.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment