Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I freely admit

 

…I might tend to overthink things sometimes.

 

Like driving on a dusty road.  One might be inclined to switch the ventilation system over to recirculate to keep the dust out, but with neutral air pressure in the car, dust still finds its way in.  I find it better to leave the air intake open.  The air intake is up behind the hood in front of the windshield, so even on a dusty road it’s drawing mostly clear air and creating positive air pressure inside the car so dust doesn’t work its way in through any small openings.  Of course all that changes when we meet a car coming the other direction kicking up a cloud of dust.  The ventilation gets switched to recirculate.  Then it’s a judgment call on when the outside air is clear enough to benefit the inside air again.

 

Or drying my hair.  I can dry it all over with a bath towel, using the entire towel at once, and getting a certain measure of dryness.  Or I can start at one end of a dry bath towel, dry until the hair and towel seem to be of uniform dampness, then feed the towel up to the next dry section until it is saturated, and so on.  I imagine that using the equivalent of multiple smaller dry towels produces a superior result to using one big towel all at once.

 

Like I said….

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment