Monday, November 16, 2009

Texting

 

Early on at the conference they told us that the more technologically advanced accountants text.  I don’t text.  I have email and I’m always at my computer, so why do I need to text?

 

So there I was in class, cellphone in my pocket, sound set to stun (silent), time on my hands, thought I’d try some out-of-sight under-the-desk texting.  I sent a couple notes to Judy.  It’s tedious, texting with a telephone keypad, but it works.  I put the phone away.

 

Later, my attention was drawn to a beeping noise.  I checked; it wasn’t my phone.  I looked around.  Took me a few minutes to spot the person with their hands down low, typing furiously away on a full smartphone keypad.  That person’s hearing must be even worse than mine.  That telephone was not set to run silent.  Every out-of-sight under-the-desk keystroke was accompanied by a distinct audible beep.

 

Maybe accountants shouldn’t text after all.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment