Monday, January 28, 2008

Update

Much as we appreciated the comfort and reassurance of the cardio rehab lab, we declared an end to it on Friday. They monitored me while I exercised harder each day and nothing blew up. We decided I could abuse myself on my own without the commute to the hospital.

Today I ran/walked a couple miles barefoot on the beach (the beach weather is back). During that, I ran an entire mile uninterrupted. It might be the slowest mile ever run, but I promise, it was faster than a walk. I picked up the pace for the last quarter, sprinted it out at the end, and stopped while it still felt good. Checked my heart rate and it was up to 150.

It felt like it’s supposed to. I’m a happy guy.

I got a heart rate monitor watch for Christmas. Judy got a pedometer. All those walks with Annie and walks on the beach; 16,000 steps in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment