Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Full disclosure

 

Beach Volleyball.  I totally understand what they were doing… …but that didn’t make me look away.

 

At least I thought I knew what they were doing.  I did a little google research; I looked up the uniform rules for beach volleyball.

 

Men are required to wear tank tops and shorts.

 

The women have options.  They can choose the two piece bikini and crop top we saw so much of (or so little of) in the Olympics.  They can play in a one piece suit.  They can wear tank tops and shorts.  They can wear full T-shirts and mid length shorts.  They can wear long sleeved shirts and long pants.

 

Here I suspected that all of us, women *and* men, were just being manipulated by promoters and media in a totally transparent effort to grab our attention and boost ratings.  It turns out the women players wear those two piece bikinis because they choose to!  Apparently having less places for sand to hide is a big deal.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment