Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Update

 

I feel great!  There was immediate relief from the stent pain as soon as the stent came out.  The part about getting the stent out didn’t go all that smoothly though.  The doctor wanted to do it in his office, no pain medication, no anesthetic.  “No big deal” he said.  Well, it did turn out to be a bigger deal to me than it was to him, and it would have been better for everyone if I had been unconscious.  In fact, if the doctor were given the opportunity to perform this procedure on me again, I’m betting he would volunteer to anaesthetize me himself.

 

So we’ve moved on from the kidney stone and the bladder stent and …..  have I mentioned that I don’t get sick?  I get injured from time to time, but I don’t get sick.  (Of course I actually do get sick Once in a while, but not very often.)  Interesting coincidence, but the day after the stress of the stent removal, I came down with an annoying head cold.  It has been taking it’s time cycling through, but I’m feeling human again.  I can move about comfortably and as my energy returns my walks are back up to a mile or two each.  Judy is about 5 days behind me with the head cold.  She held out longer than I did.

 

So there we have it.  The motorhome is running great and so am I, so we’re planning a trip.  We want to meet up with Becky’s family on August 17 at Bard College at Simon’s Rock in Western Massachusetts.  That’s the day Tony moves into his new dorm.  We want to be there to wish him well in his transition to college life.

 

We’re thinking if we leave South Texas early enough we can stop in Maine on the way there.  Our last appointment here is a week from tomorrow.  We can start a leisurely wander north any time after that.  We’re making trip lists and shuffling stuff between the house and the motorhome, a little each day.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment