Friday, June 7, 2013

Just one more.

 

Just one more procedure to go and I’ll be all through with the great kidney stone adventure.  The stone is gone.  All the hard work is done.  All that remains is to remove the stent from my ureter next Thursday.

 

I asked the doctor about it.  He said “No big deal.  We just do it in the office.  We do it all the time.”  No big deal.  Yeah.  Right.  Maybe no big deal for him.  Me, I’ve having a little trouble with the prospect.  I can only think of one way to get to the ureter without making an incision somewhere on my body, and they’re not planning on making any incisions.  I know how they have been getting to my ureter for the previous procedures, but I’ve been anesthetized for them.  I’ve gone to sleep with my private parts intact and woken up with them still somewhat intact, even if a little beat up.  The thought of being conscious and having to hold still while the doctor goes looking for that stent he left the last time he was in there is freaking me out.  I told the doctor.  He said “No problem.  I’ll prescribe a Valium for you.”  A Valium.  That sounds like a nice start, but I’m not sure there is enough Valium on the planet to get me in the mood for this.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment