Friday, July 22, 2022

A lesson learned

 

 

It was late.  Jesse claimed her spot on the bed.  I didn’t want her to sleep on the bed.  She wiggles too much at night.  I told her to get down.  She resisted.  I insisted.  She complied, reluctantly, but when I closed the door, she was still standing right on the other side of it looking up at me.  I got to sleep by myself.

 

Next morning though, when I walked through the house, I discovered dog poop on the floor in the front room.  Dog poop on the floor doesn’t happen at our house.  They have a dog door and a yard.  I got a bag and picked it up.  It wasn’t soft and fresh like “I just woke up and tried to make it to the door, but I just couldn’t get there in time.”  No.  It was dried up dog poop that had been there all night.  I surmise that as soon as I kicked her out of the bedroom she walked into the front room and punished me.

 

So, yes.  Lesson learned.  “Don’t disappoint Jesse!”

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment