Thursday, June 2, 2022

I’ve been thinking

 

 

Isn’t it surprising how often one political party or the other falls just one vote short of being able to do what they want?  One person, like Rand Paul, Joe Manchin, or John McCain, stands in the way of their party being able to accomplish some honorable goal, and that single outlaw won’t budge!  It’s an outrage.

 

But do we think that’s the whole story?  I suspect that for every time one person stands in the way of a piece of legislation, there are more people behind the rogue sentiment, but for their own political (reelection) reasons can’t be public about their position.  One person is willing to stand up and take the hit for them, but there is much more to the resistance than how it appears on the surface.

 

It’s not like I know, it’s just a guess, but my head went there so I had to say it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment