Tuesday, September 28, 2021

The exchange at the gate

  

Background:

 

We're here for two weeks and we're parked in a spot that has electricity only.  It was time to dump and fill, and since I had to move the bus anyway, I drove out to a nearby truck stop to top off the tank for the next leg of our trip.  I returned to the state park, by myself in the rig, and stopped at the entry station and spoke with a woman I'd never met.

 

The conversation:

 

"What can I do for you, darlin?"  (That was her speaking.)

 

"We're already checked in to our spot, thanks.  I just tanked up the bus and I'm coming back in."

 

"Great.  What site are you in."

 

"33".

 

"Wow.  That's a really good spot.  Good choice, and you don't even look that smart to me."

 

 

Possibilities:

 

Okay.  New favorite person!

 

She is truthful and blunt to a fault.

 

This person has an instant impeccable sense of just how far she can let her humor take her.

 

She is constantly in trouble, and this is just the next job that she's going to get fired from.

 

I'm going to go with "finely refined sense of humor".

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment