Monday, July 12, 2021

I have his shoes

  

 

It seems I always have something of Johnny's.

 

The first time he visited us in Colorado he hitchhiked out from California and brought some ski gear along and we all went skiing together.  When it was time to go, he didn't want to mess with the ski poles on the return hitchhiking trip, so he gave them to me, each carefully labelled with the name "Seethaler" with scotch tape well wrapped over the label to protect it.  I skied with those poles for decades.  Skis, boots, bindings; all changed over the years, but the poles never did.

 

Last time we visited with John in Colorado he had a pair of Xero Shoes he had bought that were just a little too small for him.  Just right for me though.

 

I'll have these shoes the rest of my life.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment