Friday, May 29, 2020

Operator Error

  

Months ago, we had that problem with gasoline spilling out the bottom of the Jeep when I was filling it, and the tank was only half full.  I tried again, and same result.  The fuel wouldn't go in the tank anymore, it just went on the ground.  I thought something had broken and took the car to the dealer who told us "Good news.  There isn't anything we need to fix on the gasoline fill.  It was operator error."  Sure enough, I went right back out again to put fuel in it, and it worked.

 

That was a less than satisfying explanation though.  We're still trying to figure out what the operator error could have been that I couldn't put a spigot in a hole and turn on the flow, and why the manufacturer would have designed a susceptible system.  Well, I've tried since but have never been able to recreate the problem.  Judy, however, a few days ago, was successful.  She came home frustrated, and with the Jeep almost out of gas.  We needed fuel, but there was nothing she could do to make the gasoline go into the tank instead of on the ground.

 

I took the Jeep back out that afternoon to see if I could recreate the problem.  I couldn't.  The Jeep now has a full tank again and no gasoline went on the ground.  The mystery continues…

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment