Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Fitted Sheets

  

I do the folding.  Sheets, towels, handkerchiefs, cloth napkins; that’s what I do.  I don’t do it like mom did, with a mangle though.  Many a day we came home from school to find mom in the service porch mangling sheets and handkerchiefs with something like this:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJiVjzUTsA8

 

What could possibly go wrong with mangles, on/off levers, and fingers involved.  Remarkably, mom kept all her fingers all her life!

 

Brought up with a mangle in the house, and with none at hand now, I do what I can with what I’ve got.  I use a “hand mangle” technique to smooth things out.  Sheets, towels, handkerchiefs, no problem for me; except for fitted sheets.  Fitted sheets were a pain.  I had figured out how to fold them square, but it was cumbersome.  I watched YouTube videos on how to fold them; most I didn’t understand.  But this guy; this guy knows what he’s doing.  In fact, he knows what he’s doing so well that he can actually demonstrate it so I can understand it.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTyH2nuFAw

 

Ever since I adopted this technique, fitted sheets are the easier sheet to fold.

 

Since fitted sheets are easier now, I guess I’ll need to turn my attention to improving my flat sheet folding technique next.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment