Monday, November 26, 2018

Africa

 

Remember that song from 1982?  “I bless the rains down in Africa.”  Catchy tune.  I heard it again recently in a restaurant and went and found it on YouTube.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY

 

That sounded pretty good, so I listened to it again.

 

Then I didn’t have to listen to it anymore because it was still playing in my head.

 

Then it wouldn’t stop!  I can only remember a few of the words, but they keep going around and around.  Make it stop!  “I bless the rains down in Africa.”  What the hell does that even mean anyway!?!?  “There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do?”  What?  I hate this song!!!!!!!

 

It’s like that America song Horse With No Name.  “In the desert you can remember your name, 'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain.”  THAT DOESN’T EVEN MEAN ANYTHING!

 

Oh well, it’s not really all that bad.  It could be worse.  It could be Hotel California stuck in my head.  “Plenty of room at the Hotel California.  Any time of year (any time of year) you can find it here.”

 

What?  Hotel California?  OH NOOOOOOO……..

 

No comments:

Post a Comment