Friday, November 7, 2014

A Two-fer

 

We had an appointment for Judy to get her knee looked at by the Ortho.  My appointment to get my shoulder looked at was not until next week, but they squeezed me in while we were there just to be nice.

 

We didn’t get what we expected with Judy’s knee.  She has arthritis in the joint and it will need to be replaced at some point.  Right now though, they think most of the pain is coming from out-of-control tendonitis.  They’ll try to calm the knee down with a heavy-duty dose of oral steroids, ice, and physical therapy.  Once that happens, we can re-assess.

 

For me, all signs point to a blown rotator-cuff.  I got x-rayed.  We both got appointments for more imaging; an MRI for Judy, and a CT Scan for me.  Initially they were going to MRI me as well, but there is some question about the composition of the metal in my heart stents.  I can understand their concern about suddenly pulling the stents out of my chest with the MRI machine and making a mess.

 

Three hours to get there, three hours at the orthopedist, an hour at Snoopy’s and a three hour drive home.  I think the day is done.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment