Thursday, May 24, 2012

Indy 500

 

This year I’m totally ready.

 

I watch the race every year.  It’s the only Indy-car racing we watch, but I never want to miss it.  It’s a tradition.

 

In fact it always seems to be over too quickly.  I want to know more about who is running and what they’ve done to the equipment each year, but it always sneaks up and surprises me and I only tune in just in time to watch the race, sometimes not even until the middle.

 

Well, this year I paid attention and found the television coverage.  Last Saturday we watched the fastest 24 qualify, then the fastest 9 of those compete for the pole position.  Sunday the other 9 cars qualified for the back of the pack, completing the 33 car field.  On the television coverage they talked to drivers, mechanics, crew chiefs, team owners, used-to-be drivers.  It was awesome.  We got Indy 500 saturation.  We’re totally ready for Sunday.  (Well, Judy isn’t quite as ready as I am.  She spent a fair amount of time out of the room.)

 

So bring it on.  Indy 500.  Gentlepeople start your engines!

 

 

Now, only 472 days until the America’s Cup finals in 2013.

http://www.americascup.com/

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment