Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday

We headed out in the Jeep bright and early, drove past the grease spot on the ramp to Interstate 70,



…and made our way into the high country.








A stop at the Dillon Overlook







Black-billed Magpies,




Robins, White-crowned Sparrows, Cassin’s Finches, and a little gray mystery bird at the Vail Pass Rest Stop.


Lunch at the Charbroil Burger in Glenwood. Dinner in Green River, Utah.


The repair shop has opened up the motorhome motor. It seems there is a skirt around the inside of the bottom part of the engine block. That skirt came loose and intercepted a piston. The service manager says he’s only seen that once before in all his years working on Cat engines. The warranty company says they will come by to have a look within the next two days. Can’t do anything with it until the warranty company approves the repair.


When the rig broke down we had to cancel all our plans and start with a new plan. The trip to Ridgway State Park and Orvis Hot Springs with the massage didn’t fit anymore. That was disappointing, so we treated ourselves to a make-up massage at a local spa in Littleton yesterday afternoon instead. As the massage was drawing to a close, I was wishing I could make time stand still so that great back rub wouldn’t be over yet.


That got me to thinking. Can I make time stand still? I came up with a plan. Out on the open highway in Western Colorado I waited until the navigator said we had 76 miles to go to our destination in Green River. I set the cruise control on 76. One hour to our destination. When I saw the marker for 75, I changed the cruise control to 75. Still an hour to go. I did it again at 74. This worked for several minutes. The time to our destination never changed. This is an auspicious start to the Taylor Time-control project. I haven’t figured out how to make time stand still indefinitely, but I’m sure I’m on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment