Friday, August 29, 2014

I'm glad that wasn't me!

 

How many times have we said that as we watch someone else do something stupid?  If we’re feeling charitable, we say “Oh well.  We’ve all been there.”  Well, bummer.  This time it was me.

 

After a long day at the shop in San Antonio yesterday, and a drive through rush hour, construction, and wrecks, we stopped for the night at Buckhorn Lake Resort just before dark, and after the office had closed.  There was a mix-up about which site we should be in, so after we were partially set up, already trying to get the Bronco game on the satellite, we realized we had to move to a different site.  Judy went to make sure the proper site was going to work for us while I reversed the set-up process and got us ready to go again.  I almost got it right.  I closed the slides, put down the satellite dish, raised the suspension; but I drove off with the shore power cord still attached.  The cord suffered some damage but is still functional.  The power pedestal was a complete loss.

 

Oh well.  We’ve all been there.  (Hate it when it’s me, though.)

 

We (read Judy) got it all sorted out with the office this morning.  They’ve replaced power pedestals before.  Drove north to Colorado City State Park for the night.

 

2014 summer/fall trip map

 

It’s a beautiful deserted birdy spot.

 

 

 

 

Added scaled quail to our year-list.

 

 

We’ve been on the road about a week now.  Only a couple more days of driving and we’ll be out of Texas.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment