Friday, July 20, 2012

Far away birds

 

Sometimes when I walk at Charlie’s Pasture the birds are far away.  I have binoculars, but I can’t identify shorebirds out on the mudflats that far away with 8 power magnification.  The scope is bulky to carry very far, so I don’t carry it out there.  No problem.  I have my time-lapse scope with me.  My camera.  It fits in my pocket.  I can’t make any identification through the viewfinder of the camera, so I still don’t know what I’m looking at when I take the pictures, but it’s a 20 power lens.  When I get home and transfer the pictures to the computer I get to see what I saw.

 

From far away, I saw a Least Sandpiper.

 

A Semi-palmated Plover.

 

This one looks like a Piping Plover.

 

And I found a couple Short-billed Dowitchers in front of some Black-necked Stilts.  One is really letting the other have it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment