Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's all over now

 

Everyone went their way this morning.

 

While we were at the reunion, I was taking the medicine, Effient, I was supposed to take for my heart.  It was awful.  Three days of side-effects and I knew I was not going to be able to survive that medicine for an entire year.  We called the cardiologist and got switched to Plavix.  I’m not a fan of Plavix, but two days into it and life is considerably better.

 

On the way back over Berthoud Pass, we stopped for lunch, got out, and walked around.  There is a Continental Divide trail that starts in New Mexico and goes north through Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana.  It crosses the road at Berthoud Pass.  We walked on it a little and it felt good.  Maybe I should hike the Continental Divide Trail.  For now, I’ll continue to take it easy on exercise until the femoral artery finishes healing up.

 

The bird list from Snow Mountain Ranch.

Mallard

Great Blue Heron

Turkey Vulture

Red-tailed Hawk

Killdeer

Broad-tailed Hummingbird

Rufous Hummingbird

Northern Flicker

Black-billed Magpie

American Crow

Tree Swallow

Violet-green Swallow

Cliff Swallow

Mountain Bluebird

American Robin

Song Sparrow

Lincoln's Sparrow

White-crowned Sparrow

Dark-eyed Junco

Brown-headed Cowbird

Pine Siskin

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment