Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving with the kids. Making ice-cream at Becky’s the day before, Becky gone to collect food for the food bank with the older two kids, Judy off on errands, Brian and I watching the younger two at the house. Conner stands on a chair next to me while I mix the ingredients. It takes me a while. He gets down and pushes his chair around me to the other side with purpose, but the maneuver doesn’t really register until I realize he’s eyebrows to elbows into the open sugar canister on the counter. I wipe off the counter. Brian wipes off Conner.

A little while later, Teigan is quietly watching a video, when Judy returns, removes Conner from the upstairs bathroom, turns off the water in both sinks, puts away the toothpaste and electric toothbrushes, and cleans him up again.

It’s a quiet morning.

Becky and the older two return and the house is back to full volume.

Thanksgiving Day, Matt, Kari, and Alex join the fray. Turkey, kids, football, pie and ice cream.

Happy Thanksgiving all.