Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Got a lot of work done

 

Got a little bit of CPE done.

 

A scat mystery from our last hike.  Who pooped here?

 

 

Consulting Dr. Google, I come up with examples of:

 

Javelina.

 

Raccoon.

 

Coyote.

 

I don’t think it was coyote because there was no fur in it.  But I suppose it could have been a coyote snacking on nuts and berries.  Maybe a vegan coyote.

 

Raccoon works.  Javelina works.

 

I find scat like that on the steps of, or at the top of, remote birding towers.  That makes me think more raccoon than javelina climbing stairs.  But this sample was on the ground.  If the scat was on dirt instead of cement, I could have tried to make the call based on the tracks around it.

 

Don’t know.

 

 

Countdown:

Birds:              1

CPE hours:      5

 

No comments:

Post a Comment