Saturday, December 26, 2015

Judy and I each got the gift of hearing for Christmas at our house this year

 

Judy opened hers early; her hearing aid.  I waited until Christmas to open mine.  My hearing assist has more to do with birding than just regular hearing.

 

It’s a headset with a digital processor that picks out the higher frequencies that I can’t hear, and cuts them in half (or by three or by four), to bring them down to my hearing range.  Here is the processing unit.  It can just drop in a shirt pocket and the controls are still accessible from the top.

 

Here is a link to the demo of how it can bring high-pitched bird sounds into hearing range:

 

http://hearbirdsagain.com/sound-samples/

 

We were going to test it out today, do a little bird listening, but there is a front blowing through.  We didn’t think a roaring windstorm was the best time to check out our new listening device, so we stayed home for a calmer day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment