Friday, October 4, 2013

I'm in training

 

I used to aspire to running a marathon.  I trained for that purpose several times, but I don’t think I’m really designed to be a runner.  Each time I prepared for a marathon I either broke down with an injury during training, or during the event.  Farthest I ever actually ran during a marathon was about 20 miles.  That’s a little short.

 

So I’m out for a walk the other day and got to thinking about marathon times.  I never completed a marathon, but I still have a time.  During training one year I was running 8 mile days.  At that pace I ran the marathon distance over a period of 3 ½ days, so that’s my standing marathon record time, 3 ½ days.

 

I think I can beat that.

 

If I start before dawn to beat the heat, I walk 10 miles in a day, no problem.  If I could do that again on the next day, then again on the day after, I could reduce my best marathon time by an entire day!  I’ll keep walking to build my endurance.  The weather will start cooling.  The high here is projected to be less than 90 next Sunday.  I think I will have an improved marathon time by the end of the year!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment