Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Work update

 

I’m here in Denver helping us get through the sudden departure of our Office Manager.  I think we’re doing well.  We’ve figured out most of what the prior Office Manager’s job was.  We hired a new Office Manager, Nancy.  She brings experience and a fresh perspective.  She should be great.  She doesn’t start until April 8th, but we’ve been doing so well keeping up with all the stuff we need to do, we should be fine until then.

 

In fact, we’ve been doing so well, I began to worry that maybe this wasn’t all about me anymore, so I decided to feel a little “off” on Tuesday.  I don’t want to be that guy who ignored the warning signs, so I went to our Cardiologist in Boulder for a checkup and that got all the attention focused exactly back where it should be.

 

The Cardiologist did an EKG and a Cardiac Enzyme blood test and declared me “normal”.  Shows what they know.  We’re going to do a treadmill cardiac stress test tomorrow as a follow-up.  You can imagine how the conversation with Judy went about that.  Mention the word “cardiac” and just try to guess how long she is going to stay in South Texas while I’m here in Colorado.  I picked her up at the airport this afternoon.  I get 24 hour supervision the rest of my time here.

 

We had a nice evening with Matt and Lindsay and the boys.  Judy got lucky and they fed us Pizza!  She didn’t even have to wait for me to get home to get more pizza.

 

Tomorrow morning it’s me against the machine.  We’ll let you know who wins.  If I win, I get to go home and back to work.  If the machine wins, it’s straight to the Cath Lab.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment