Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I've learned my lesson

 

Last time I got an injury, I waded in the surf afterward.  As a result of that innocent act, I contracted a Vibrio Species bacterial infection that wanted to eat my leg.  It turns out Vibrio, a member of the Cholera family, hangs out in the high salinity warm water of the Southern Gulf, waiting for some unfortunate human with a wound to walk in.  That infection was difficult to beat back.

 

We have nice wood folding tables we put up every night to eat dinner on, then fold up and put away again.  That’s my job, opening up and putting away the tables.  A few nights ago, I fumbled one and it fell and landed on my little toe.  It didn’t hurt all that bad, but it peeled the skin back.  It’s not a very big toe, but that sure looks like a lot of skin peeled back.  I won’t be wearing shoes again right away, my foot won’t fit now.  I’m not going in the hot tub or pool any time soon either, and I certainly won’t be going in the surf!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment