Monday, December 12, 2005

Golden


Know how big trucks have those backup alarms that go beep beep beep when
they're in reverse? Some motorhomes have them too. Ours has one in fact.
I don't think it's necessary. I think everyone around knows when I'm
backing up. I think the alarm is unnecessary, but I didn't get to decide
whether they put it on our rig or not. I don't think anyone else did
either.

What brought this up, is the first night we were here. Weather permitting,
we generally sleep with the window open next to my head. That night, before
dawn, I awoke to the beep beep beep sound of a large motorhome backing up.
It's not uncommon to hear someone start and leave before dawn. It was
taking this guy a while to get going, so I just reached over, closed the
window and went back to sleep..... kind of. I could still hear it. It
seemed like it would get fainter, so I knew he was really leaving, but then
it seemed like it was louder again. This guy was taking forever to get out
of there. Finally, after a very long time, I got up to see what he was up
to. I walked out into the living room, figured out the alarm on the Bose
radio was going beep, beep, beep, turned it off and went back to sleep. I
have no idea how the alarm got triggered. We never use the Bose radio for
its travel alarm. Guess it just jiggled on while we were driving the day
before.

More mysteries of life on the road.