Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Carbondale


Wrapped up the Carbondale job today, a snowy day in the morning, sunshine in
the afternoon. Tonight we pack up as much as we can. Tomorrow morning,
we're off bright and early, even if the weather isn't bright, between
storms, moving camp to Vail, where the next job is. Alpine Legal Services.
Judy will drop me off at the job and go check us into a room while I work.
I'll work inside while it snows outside.

Even though it has been single digit cold at night at least once in Denver
while we've been gone, I'm sure it was a good decision to leave the coach on
the other side while we came up into the mountains. I should confess,
however, that it was not entirely my decision to leave the rig and drive
over in the Jeep. In fact, it was not even a little bit my decision. Judy
and I disagreed. We live in Colorado. We work in Colorado. Why change
what we do just because there is some snow off and on in the forecast? Judy
felt strongly too. We had just finished extricating ourselves from a
snowbank in Woodland Park, with some damage to the motorhome already. Why
ask for more abuse by driving back up into a snowy forecast? An impasse.
We went to the tiebreaker. Judy felt more strongly about her position than
I felt about mine. That's the final determiner when we disagree, we gauge
how strongly each person feels, and go with the one it's most important to.

Now see how smart that makes me look? Wasn't I smart to listen to her?