Sunday, July 6, 2003

Weekend

What a Saturday!


Breakfast at Wimbledon. Got to watch the Williams sisters play. Breakfast in bed in fact(bedroom television in the motorhome).



Some yard puttering. Two hours of racquetball. A picnic. And the afternoon/evening at the lake windsurfing.



The conditions were perfect. My primary sail is in for repair, but that leaves me with a great big light wind sail, and a small storm sail. The winds were light and steady. Lake Union is a no-wake-lake(no water-skiing), so the surface was smooth. I got to use the big sail and not get overpowered. Perfect conditions to rediscover my balance on the board.



The winds did shift a little as the evening wore on. On my last sail, I sailed out on a starboard tack, sailed around on the lake, then sailed back on the exact reverse of the course I sailed out on, and sailed back, also on a starboard tack.