Sunday, July 22, 2018

Wouldn’t it be cool to lose twenty pounds?

 

I could be the weight I was in college.  I could be the weight I want to be.

 

Well, I just lost twenty pounds, and it didn't come out like I expected.  I'm not stylishly thin.  I'm gaunt.  I've no muscle definition left.  The skin is just hanging off my arms.  My thighs are about the same diameter as my calves!

 

A few years ago my weight got as high as 180.  None of my shirts fit any more.  I had to lose some weight or buy all new clothes.  When I got my weight back into the 160s it was all better.  Now that I'm down in the 140s, my shirts don't fit again.  They all hang like hand-me-downs I haven't grown into yet.

 

We don't expect this weight loss to be a permanent thing.  Weight lost due to surgery tends to come roaring back at some point and will want to overshoot my starting point.  I don't want that either, and I'm on guard for it already even though that phase has yet to begin.  But it's funny how twenty pounds lighter doesn't feel at all like I expected it to.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment